there is always a choice and you know how to make this day beautiful

Sunday, December 26, 2010

the joy of the holidays: family

As I grow older, I have found how easy it is for our traditions to change. Since I have been in college, my two older brothers have graduated from college/medical school, and both have gotten married. Fortunately I was able to spend Thanksgiving with John and my sister-in-law Christina in Kentucky. This year, they are going to be late for the holidays, so we get to have another Christmas celebration. I have come to realize that it will be awhile before my family has a "tradition" during the holidays. 

Sister-in-law #2 Samantha & older brother Keith Colquitt celebrating their first Christmas as a married couple...

Me, my grandmother Rara, mom, and the baby of the family, Ellie, on Christmas Eve at Rara's house. 


"COLQUITT COUSINS"
(top to bottom, left to right: David, Christopher, Paul, Keith, ME, Jennifer, & Samantha; missing John & Christina, Clay & Suzanne) 

What I do know is that I am completely blessed when it comes to family. I don't know many people who get to see their parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins (and as of recent, IN-LAWS!) as much as I do. I thank God for the people in my life that make the holidays so special. It's the people that I miss the most about Houston, because people are what make a place truly wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment