there is always a choice and you know how to make this day beautiful

Monday, December 20, 2010

peace & quiet

Nine times out of ten I'd rather be surrounded by people, whether it's friends, family, or a combination. However, there is something to be said about being home alone. Although I have thoroughly enjoyed living in my sorority house for the past year and a half, having my family's home all to myself (excluding our three dogs, but they're so lazy you hardly even notice them except for the fact that they're huge or if Goldie sees a dog on the TV) every once in a while is absolutely wonderful...It's quiet, I get the big TV all to myself, and I can just BE in peace. All of those things do not exist when you live in house with 60 other girls and a housemother and her ugly dog. I'll admit that every now and then, I get a little scared of burglars and such just because I inherited my mother's worrying/there's been a lot of crime in Houston lately (hoodlums on the loose). Good thing I have three guard dogs to protect me. 





Throughout the day I was able to finish the 650-page novel The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and while my parents are out Christmas partying in the neighborhood and there's no sign of Paul, I went to Barnes & Noble to pick up the next book in the series The Girl Who Played With Fire. While there I also decided to pick up a big study guide for my teacher certification exam that I am taking in January (this is me in the process of coming to terms with being a grown-up). 

No comments:

Post a Comment