there is always a choice and you know how to make this day beautiful

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Try this...

Yummy pumpkin bread recipe courtesy of my sister-in-law Christina.

Super-Moist Pumpkin Bread from Beyond the Fence (this is a cookbook Christina received from their bank when they moved to Kentucky!)
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
1 cup cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup applesauce
4 large egg whites

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix wet.  Mix dry.  Mix wet and dry together.  Pour in a greased loaf pan and bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.


During my Thanksgiving break, I traveled to Lexington, Kentucky to visit my brother and his wife Christina. My oldest brother, John, is completing his pediatric residency at the University of Kentucky (so proud)! My parents and younger brother joined us too. While I was there, Christina made this pumpkin bread, and I couldn't stop eating it. I am going to make it for my family, and possibly our other relatives (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.). It's a sweet little treat and super easy to make! 
They actually have seasons in Kentucky, believe it or not. This gorgeous tree was at Kenneland, where they race horses in Lexington. The circle around the tree is where they "show off" individual horses before the races. 







No comments:

Post a Comment